Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hawks hand Magic rare road loss 98-90

Dwight grabbed on of his game-high 16 rebounds here, but the Magic still lost.


I missed the game due to work, but I'll recap it the best I can. I guess I'm kinda glad I was working and couldn't see the game because it wouldn't make me too happy.


Well, Dwight needs to be more dominant. 11 points for a SUPERSTAR and franchise cornerstone against his hometown team, won't cut it. Dwight needs to get beat up or slapped or something because he has to bring the intensity and fire to every game. Going 3-5 (!!) from the field won't cut it Dwight!!! Thats horrible. 5-11 from the free throw line is not any better either. Yeah it's nice that he got 16 rebounds, 2 steals, and two blocks, but all that stuff doesn't matter when you lose! This franchise can't beat the bottom teams.. gosh it makes me so mad. How can we expect to win a playoff series, if we keep having games like this?? Other teams go on big winning streaks but we just can't.


Back to the game...Anyways, our team high in assists (4!) was Bogans and Dooling, both off the bench I might add. We shot 56% from the line... horrible. We have alot of work to do. When the shots don't fall, we seem screwed. Dwight's offense is horrible when we can't space the floor and hit shots. He needs to find a way to get more involved and carry this team every night like the rest of the superstars. D12 can rely on Rashard and Hedo to win the game all the time, because as you can see, that doesn't always happen.


Of course Joe Johnson killed us for 34 points, 7 assists and Josh Smith had 19 points and 9 rebounds. I must say, they look to be just a good bench, and maybe a better small forward, away
from really being a great team.



Here is the Recap and here is the Boxscore.

No comments: