Saturday, February 23, 2008

Magic Defeat Sixers 115-99


Winner, Winner, Turkey Dinner! Hedo was the man, yet again, connecting on 7-11 3 pointers. The Magic move to 35-22 , which is good for .614% on the year. The Magic dominated, even from the early start, never surrenduring the lead. At the end of the first quarter the Magic were up 26-16 and they never looked back.

"I’ve had a great season so far. I have all the confidence right now, but I have to keep it going," Turkoglu said. "There may be nights that I don’t get it going, but it doesn’t bother me because the next night will be a good one. I’m just preparing myself the best way I can to do my best out there."

Nelson and Rashard Lewis each had 17 points for the Magic. Dwight added 24 points, 18 rebounds, 3 blocks and shot 9-12 (.75%) from the field.

To fire up the fans, the arena even played the “Superman” theme each time he made a dunk or a big play. It was the first game home since Dwight won the Dunk Contest.

“Tonight we played against a team that can throw it down and throw it out for threes,” Green said. “That is what they did. They picked us apart.”

Luckily tonight was one of those nights for the Magic. We are going to have to see if the offense can carry this team where it wants to go: The Playoffs. Which start in 6 weeks. I know thats sooner than you thought, me too. Were playing pretty good basketball now but the streakiness worries me. We killed Detroit, got killed by the Raptors and then killed the Sixers tonight. Do I see a trend? Lets hope not...



The Magic's next game is Sunday night against the Sacramento Kings at 6PM. We play the Sixers again in Philadelphia on Wednesday. The Magic are 15-11 at home and 20-11 on the road this season.

No comments: